Like Jason's Facebook Page

Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Quick View of Cities of the Dead

As I mentioned some time ago, I am in the process of putting out a book this fall that is a collection of short stories set in the cemeteries of New Orleans.  I know, you're thinking "I was wondering when someone would finally write such a book.  It's about time!"  And you would be thinking correctly.
The book will be released on October 13th, and Saint James Infirmary Books will be showcasing it at the 2012 Louisiana Book Festival on October 27th.  I have received some very encouraging and generous reviews already, and I have shared them on the book's Facebook page here.  The book is in its final stages, and I can offer a preview of the Front cover today.

  The artwork is by Kathryn Reeser, mixed with a photograph I took in Saint Louis Cemetery Number Two.  The book includes 13 stories, the first of which was posted here at Room With No View.  If you missed it, just click on this link.  Other stories from this collection have appeared in Danse Macabre Magazine.
  Keep an eye out for more details as the date gets closer.  I hope everyone buys a copy and it becomes a bestseller.  (Well, I can hope, can't I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment