Like Jason's Facebook Page

Friday, January 27, 2012

One Great Reason to Buy a Book this Winter

  The early Kindle release of my new novel Jury Rig is now available from Amazon.  If you're interested, just follow this link to purchase the book for only $4.48.  That’s over 60% off the cover price.  The Kindle edition can also be downloaded for iPhone and Android.  If you are enrolled in Amazon Prime, you can borrow the book for free.  All around, it's a pretty good deal, and in addition to all of this, you're going to love the book.  You can read the summaries that go along with the book, but I'll add a little more personal detail here.
  I once read a wonderful story about Dostoyevsky that goes something like this:  In a letter to Ivan Turgenev, Dostoyevsky began to describe a book he was just beginning to write.  He had in mind to write a story about the most pure man that had ever lived.  Someone like Christ.  He accomplished this by penning The Idiot, which is great, because that sounds like the punchline to a joke.  But I was intrigued by the idea that Dostoyevsky would begin one of his five great novels in such a way.  So when I had finished a novel a few years ago, I asked myself what I would like to write next.  I'm not sure why, but an idea crept into my head.  I wanted to write a book about a criminal who didn't want to pay for his crimes, but he wanted society to forgive him for his crimes.  That sounded pretty odd, so I sat down for six months or so, in between the actual chaos of life, and I crafted what turned out to be a very entertaining book on this subject.  (I can say it is entertaining due to the always positive response I hear from anyone who's read it.)  There was actually a pretty serious hurricane that interrupted the work I put into this.  Which, as you'll find out if you read the book, is quite apropos.
  So now the book has been through the difficult process of editing, polishing, polishing it more, with even more polishing after that.  My family is a little sick of it, and all I can say is thanks to each of them for all of their help and ideas and opinions.  And after all of this time, Jury Rig is now available for all to see and enjoy.
  I could be lazy and simply tell you that Jury Rig is just a Mystery.  Or I could say the same thing by switching out the word mystery and replacing it with Thriller.  Or even Courtroom Drama.  I could actually say Pirate Adventure story, and I wouldn't be lying.  It's all of those things, and yet really it's a comedy, too.  I'd like to tell you why pirates take over a boat full of whining, bickering, and generally unpleasant people.  But if I did, you might later wish I hadn't so that you could enjoy the book much more with less foreknowledge.
  There's plenty for everyone in this mixed up adventure.  About the only things I left out was vampires and zombies, which is good, since the world at large has got to be getting tired of those guys.
  Jury Rig is not yet available for purchase at online bookstores.  However, you can actually buy this book early.  The print version is now available from CreateSpace.  Just click here.  For a limited time, you can purchase it with a 20% discount using this code: CLWN677V.
In February, the print edition will be available at Amazon, and you will be able to buy it in brick and mortar stores, though you'll likely have to ask for it. 
  I hope you enjoy the book, and that you let me know what you thought of it when you've finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment